And then there’s Rosacea
As the Canadian Dermatology Association state: “There is no known cure for rosacea, although it can be managed with appropriate treatment and lifestyle changes.”
Yet, for rosacea, apple cider vinegar again offers hope.
From the website Life Saving Natural Cures and Remedies
Home Remedy for Rosacea #2… Apple Cider Vinegar (Internal):
- ACV is a very potent internal cleanser, toxin eliminator and overall health tonic. The king of holistic medicine, Hippocrates, regularly gave apple cider vinegar to his sick and diseased patients….. To get your internal health back up to where it needs to be, you simply can’t go wrong with ACV.
- Your Friendly Gut Flora are Vital for Treating Rosacea…
- ACV also helps to recolonize the digestive system with friendly bacteria, which is very important for rosacea sufferers because most have used or still use pharmaceuticals to treat this condition. And pharmaceuticals such as antibiotics kill off the good bacteria in the gut at a rapid rate! Without enough friendly bacteria in the digestive system the bad bacteria (candida albicans) are allowed to grow and thrive and take over, which then causes problems such as thrush.
- Candida fungus also makes its way into the blood stream. Once there it releases toxic “candida buds” and these buds slowly poison the blood, and in turn, cause some pretty awful and severe health problems. This is why many rosacea sufferers have multiple food sensitivities. How can your body possibly digest food and nutrients properly with these internal shenanigans going on!
Choosing the Right ACV…
- So your next course of action is to take a good quality organic apple cider vinegar supplement every day. Be sure the product you buy still contains the all important “mother” apple (it will tell you on the bottle). This is crucial as processed ACV’s do not contain the mother, nor do they have anywhere near the same health benefits as the unprocessed apple cider vinegar’s.
- To take, mix 1-2 tablespoons of ACV in a glass of warm filtered water and drink down. Repeat this 3 times each day, along with using it as a dressing on your salads. If you find that you don’t like the taste of the ACV then simply add a teaspoon of unprocessed or Manuka honey to sweeten, or failing this, take the tablets and capsules instead.
- You can also use apple cider vinegar as a topical remedy for rosacea, but you do need to be careful. Some people report excellent results from applying ACV on their rosacea but others say it aggravates it even more so you will need to test this one out. Make sure you dilute the ACV first with water (50/50 ratio) and apply twice daily.